- To be eligible for the Scholarship, a student must be registered as a full-time (not “on-leave”) student in an undergraduate degree program. In programs where fees are assessed on a per-credit basis, students must be taking at least six credit hour course to be eligible to receive scholarship.
- The scholarship shall consist of a single award (amount noted on scholarship page) granted each year.
- Eligible students must have a minimum first-class 80% or above (3.50) cumulative grade point average. Academic merit is the primary criterion for ranking eligible applicants, however, in exceptional cases, other outstanding ability or achievement may also be taken into consideration to determine eligibility.
- Involvement in volunteer work including Jama’at work will be considered as an asset.
- Applicant must adhere to good moral standards set out by Jama’at. Sadr Jama’at must certify to this effect.
- Students will be eligible to participate in the eligibility Maulana Ali Haidar Upal Undergraduate Scholarship during the first 4 years of an undergraduate Natural Science & Engineering program only.
- Maulana Ali Haidar Upal Undergraduate Scholarship recipients may hold other scholarships funded from their University or other sources.
- Maulana Ali Haidar Upal Undergraduate Scholarship recipients may accept other scholarship support from external funding sources including “Private” awards (derived from annual and endowed funds). Recipients should be aware that some external awards may restrict students from holding a scholarship at the same time as the external award.
- There is no restriction on scholarship recipients receiving income from work performed during tenure of the scholarship.
- Awards are given by the Department of Ta’lim in the recommendation of the Ta’lim Awards Committee.
- Application Deadline is November 30, 2017
Please complete the application below or send through Canada post to : Ahmadiyya Muslim Jama’at, c/o National Secretary Talim: Attn: Scholarship Application, 10610 Jane Street, Maple, ON., L6A3Y1
For more information call 905.832.2669 (x 2272) or email firstname.lastname@example.org