Jāmi’ah al-Ahmadīyyah (“the Ahmadiyya University”) is an Islamic seminary and educational institute following an international Islamic curriculum, located in Canada, Germany, England, Ghana, Nigeria, Indonesia, India, Pakistan, Tanzania, Malaysia, and Bangladesh. Founded in 1906 as a Section in Madrassa Talim ul Islam later Talim-ul-Islam College by Hadhrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad (as), of Qadian the Founder of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community when he exclaimed that a madrassa for Ahmadi Muslims should be started to train the new generation of Ahmadi scholars and Imams.
This led to the creation of Talim-ul-Islam College in Qadian, India in 1898 and later another one in Rabwah, Pakistan in 1944 which exists to this day as a secular college that also teaches the classical Islamic sciences as part of its curriculum.
Jāmi‘a Ahmadiyya was inaugurated on May 20, 1928 by Mirza Bashir-ud-Din Mahmood Ahmad, Khalifatul Masih II of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community.
Jāmi‘a Ahmadiyya Canada
Hadhrat Khalifatul Masih IV (Rahmahullah T’ala) graciously approved the establishment of a Jāmi’a Ahmadiyya in Canada. This Jāmi’a operates on the same pattern and syllabus as the Jāmi’a Ahmadiyya in Rabwah, Pakistan. Successful students are awarded the ‘Shahid’ degree after completion of a 7-year comprehensive course in Islamic theology and comparative study of religions. At the discretion of Hadhrat Khalifatul Masih they may then be inducted into the team of Ahmadiyya Missionaries and research scholars.
Some facts about Jamia Ahmadiyya Canada:
- Regular classes in Canada began on September 7, 2003.
- The curriculum and academic infrastructure comprises of 3 stages – First Stage 2 years, Second Stage 3 years and Third Stage 2 years.
- Medium of instruction in Canada is English.
- The age limit for students’ admission in the first year is from 17 years to 20 years. (This age limit can be waived in special cases)
- Minimum educational requirement for admission are successful completion of a grade 12 diploma.
- Admission is open to Waqifeen Nau children as well as those who would dedicate their lives for the service of Islam.
- Students wishing to seek admission to the Jāmi’a should send their request for an application form by completing the following request form. *Click here for “Request for Application” Form*
For Jāmi’a Prospectus Click here