- Halloween – Harmless or Harmful fun ? Watch
- Alberta government orders schools to remove ‘public’ from their names
New provincial legislation from the UCP has removed the word “public” from all Alberta school boards, affecting eight of 41 divisions across the province. Educators and administrators are scrambling to make sense of the sweeping change, which took effect Sept. 1.
Read the story here
- Marijuana and its effects on human body
Islam teaches that if some thing harms in larger quantity then its smaller quantity is also to be avoided to protect your self. As such Cannabis and all related drug substances have harms that outweigh any benefit they carry. As such we should stay away from such drug substances at all cost. We should also educate our friends and those who use it that they are harmful. Research is only in the early stages to find the harms of these substances. In few years more harmful effects will come to light
- Long-Term Effects Of Marijuana On Brain And Body: https://www.msn.com/en-ca/health/medical/long-term-effects-of-marijuana-on-brain-and-body/ar-AAGvCXW?li=AAggFp5
- US. Surgeon General’s Advisory: Marijuana Use and the Developing Brain: https://www.hhs.gov/surgeongeneral/reports-and-publications/addiction-and-substance-misuse/advisory-on-marijuana-use-and-developing-brain/index.html
- CLIFF-GRADS Scholarship 2019
published on 23/08/2019
The Global Research Alliance on Agricultural Greenhouse Gases (GRA) and the CGIAR Research Programme on Climate Change have announced the third round of the CLIFF-GRADS programme. For more information visit the website
- AMMAC Pre-Med Conference
The Ahmadiyya Muslim Medical Association of Canada (AMMAC) would like to invite you to the AMMAC Pre-Med Conference 2019 . The conference will have important presentations and Q/A on gaining admission to medical school and pursuing a career in medicine. There will also be an opportunity to mingle with current Canadian medical students and doctors.
Date: August 10, 2019
Time: Zuhr Prayer at Baitul Islam Mosque, Event 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm
Location: Aiwan-e-Tahir (Tahir Hall), 2nd Floor Board Room at 10610 Jane Street, Maple, ON.
Don’t miss this incredible opportunity to obtain important information and insider tips on pursuing a career in medicine! This event is open to all male and female students of all ages and parents.