- To be eligible for theSardar Begum Graduate Scholarship, a student must be registered as a full-time regular (not “on-leave”) student in a graduate degree program. In programs where fees are assessed on a per-credit basis, students must be taking at least six credit hour course to be eligible to receive scholarship.
- Sardar Begum Graduate Scholarship will be awarded in any area of sciences however a student studying in astronomy or a related discipline will be given higher consideration.
- The scholarship shall consist of a single award of $5000 granted each year.
- Eligible students must have a minimum first-class 90% or above (3.50) cumulative grade point average. Academic merit is the primary criterion for ranking eligible applicants, however, in exceptional cases, other outstanding ability or achievement may also be taken into consideration to determine eligibility.
- Involvement in volunteer work including Jama’at work will be considered as an asset.
- Students will be eligible to participate in the Sardar Begum Graduate Scholarship during the first 4 years of a graduate program only.
- Students who are completing their undergraduate program and are accepted in a graduate program by a Canadian University may also be eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Sardar Begum Graduate Scholarship may hold other scholarships funded from their University or other sources.
- Sardar Begum Graduate Scholarship recipients may accept other scholarship support from external funding sources including “Private” awards (derived from annual and endowed funds). Recipients should be aware that some external awards may restrict students from holding a scholarship at the same time as the external award.
- There is no restriction on scholarship recipients receiving income from work performed during tenure of the scholarship.
- Awards are given by the Department of Ta’lim in the recommendation of the Ta’lim Awards Committee.
- Application deadline: October 31, 2017
Please complete the application below or send through Canada post to : Ahmadiyya Muslim Jama’at, c/o National Secretary Talim: Attn: The Sardar Begum Graduate Scholarship, 10610 Jane Street, Maple, ON., L6A3Y1
For more information call 905.832.2669 (x 2272) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
[wufoo username=”maintag” formhash=”qit7oe80a1fnj9″ autoresize=”true” height=”2526″ header=”show” ssl=”true”]